Monday, February 1, 2010

Hands and Finding Their Place

Listening to Jodie sometimes is very confusing. Push you hands more forward - good now down.. up.. more forward but clamp your elbows to your ribs... ugh

I think I figured it out tonight though. Poor Rosie got to suffer through me adjusting and adjusting until I felt her go round and through. More round and on the bit then I've ever had her before.

Guess what.. as soon as I did that my hands went quiet!!!! I had QUIET HANDS!

Once my hands were quiet she was so extremely responsive to my legs, my seat... I was actually posting smoothly, really moving out at the trot. It was awesome! I was smiling huge patting her on the neck and myself on the shoulder congratulating myself on finally getting it!

Now hopefully I can keep it long enough to show Jodie later in the week.


3 comments:

  1. Quiet hands make such a difference! Pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am envious of you....I took lessons for about 2 years (not dressage -- just basic western riding) and I could never quite figure out some of those instructions they were giving me. I am sure you are doing a wonderful job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to master quiet hands sometimes, but it does make a huge difference in how your horse goes. Glad you found the secret. Rosie is so sweet and such a lovely horse, I just want to give her a big hug.

    ReplyDelete

Happy Trails!

~Jeni