Sunday, August 8, 2010

1,100 Mile Weekend Road Trip and Effective B-52 Repellent

Just got home this evening from traveling the 127 Corridor ~ Longest Yard Sale.  We drove from Cincinnati to Somerset KY Friday, then from there to Chattanooga, TN on Saturday.

We saw many neat and interesting things, but of course I forgot my camera.

I'm kicking myself for not buying a brand new, stirrups and horn still wrapped in padding, Abetta, full QH bar 15 inch seat trail saddle.  sticker was $200 ~ guy said "make me an offer".

I did get my youngest son a set of golf clubs, and authentic signed picture of Nicklas Lidstrom (I'm a huge hockey freak) and my husband bought a brand new still in plastic electronic Piano for $300.  I also picked up a couple of fleece All Purpose saddle pads for $8.00 - Don't look like they've ever been on a horse along with an organizer for my tack box.

Was a long trip but had a blast and already planning for next year!


AND!  A group of us went out riding earlier last week.  We used Deep Woods Off on us AND our horses figured it couldn't work any less then our normal sprays. And guess what.... The B-52's bombed but didn't land, nor bite! Even after the horses were hot and sweaty!

7 comments:

  1. What a great deal on that saddle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it was Syd, and I should have jumped on it, when we went back it was sold =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stinks that you missed out on that saddle!! Sounds like a LONG tiring trip!!

    Loving the idea of the spray LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad I wasn't anywhere near that yard sale! I need no excuses to buy anything. I need nothing! Still, I'm not sure I could have passed up that saddle.

    Nothing frustrates me more than spraying my horses thoroughly, only to have them swishing and stomping in mere minutes. And the super expensive stuff is no better than the cheap stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the way to Chattanooga? I've been researching Tennessee, so you have to tell me what you think of the state, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's what I call a yard sale. Did I ever tell you how much I love that header shot. What a beautiful horse!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of that yard sale -- sounds pretty neat. Surprised about the Deep Woods Off working on the horses...good idea! The bugs are just HORRENDOUS right now here in Northwest Indiana!

    ReplyDelete

Happy Trails!

~Jeni