Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A Cantering We Will Go

So somewhere between July and yesterday - September 10 - I found my big girl breeches and put them on.

I'm finally confident enough to get after Rosie when she doesn't want to canter, or wants to break to a trot.

Finally.

Finally sitting up and letting her motion rock my pelvis, relaxing my legs and simply riding the canter, which is fast, often unbalanced, and laced with plenty of draft attitude.

I don't care though - we are cantering and it feels brilliant !

7 comments:

  1. Good stuff! Her canter will only improve by lots of . . . cantering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!! I am right there with ya, sister :) Feels great, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome!! Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl! I love how you used the word brilliant! :)
    Drafts have attitude? I always thought they were sweet, laid back and willing. lol!

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you and Rosie! The more you do it the easier it will get.

    ReplyDelete

Happy Trails!

~Jeni