Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Honest Scrap

I have been tagged by Callie at MidwestHorse Blog to do an honest "Scrap". these are the rules.
• Recognize your award presenter and link back to their blog in your post. • List 10 honest things about yourself. • Present this award to 10 admirable bloggers who have moved you, and link to their blogs. • Notify recipients they have been awarded, so they can retrieve it.

1) Wow - I agree with Callie this IS hard as I'm typically an open book.

2) I don't really like people, more like I don't have time to deal with the games and stupidity that some people insist on dragging around with them.  Having said that, once I get to really know someone and call them "friend" I will give them anything that it's in my power to do so.

3) When I was a kid while grooming my Arabian mare Sassy I'd talk to the mice that sat on the grain bin eating the few oat's I'd spilled.  I never thought it was strange -- I mean doesn't everyone talk to mice?

4) I'm one of the few people in the world who can say they truly love what they do for a living.  My official title is "Manager of Technical Customer Support".  I work for a small software company that is all about it's employees and their well being.

5) umm half way there

6) I'm a diet coke girl  - it goes with everything like cookies and ice cream.  Ok maybe I'm an ice cream girl too.

7) I like to embarrass my children on their birthday.  For example - one year my daughter had a band concert on the day of her bday.  So I worked it out with the director to have her stand up and the band play Happy Birthday to her.  Was way cool - especially her mouthing the words "Mother what the hell did you do???" right into the video camera.  They try to get me back but really nothing embarrasses me.

8) I met my husband in an internet chatroom - he is and always will be my best friend. 

9) I call my children pet names that only I can get away with calling them in public:
Samantha - "midget"  - Not because she's just under 5 foot tall and 85 pounds at 17 yrs old - but because she looks JUST LIKE ME when I was 17.
Brady - "Man Child" - He trys to be so grown up but his 14 yrs makes it impossible to be 'grown up'
Logan - "Lil Man" - He truly is an "Old Soul".  Talking to him you have to remind yourself that he is only 10 yrs old.

10) I learned many years ago that life must be full of living and love.  The simplest things are the most valuable and time is something we will never have unless we make it.  

I don't know 10 bloggers so I will leave it for those that I do know: WarPony over at PhoenixDown Farm
  I've known pony since grade school she is really the sweetest person - even if she is a bit crazy at times *grins*.  The folks over at Last Chance Corral - they are a local horse rescue who really make a difference.  And last but not least my loving husband, Jim at Jim's Tangled Web

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Trails!

~Jeni