Sunday morning he complained of flu symptoms - which by early afternoon developed into intense lower back pain - chills - and low grade fever. Early evening was acute pain in groin and down left leg to ankle and 102.7 fever.
.. Off to the ER we go. 30 minutes in - he's being admitted and we are being told that if he'd waited another day he'd most likely be in ICU fighting for his life.
He got to come home today - but Sunday night until Tuesday morning they were trying to find an antibiotic that the infection would respond to so it was really rough going.
Compared to what I went through earlier in the year with mom - this was pretty scary and stressful for me but all is well now I hope. Infection is not gone but doc has every confidence that oral antibiotics should be sufficient.
I did get to see my ponies this afternoon. I had to run the new tags for the trailer out to the barn so Jodie could use it this weekend. I took 15 minutes to pet and converse with both Rosie and Bonnie. They both nickered at me when I walked in the barn felt really good.