Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Hand Moisturizing Job Well Done!

Too hot to ride this evening.  Heat index near 100 F at 6 PM not to mention the rumble of thunder.

So I ran thru my favorite tack store grabbed some leather cleaner and two new breakaway halters for the girls.

Headed to the barn, took away the old broken halters and hung the new ones with leads attached and said "Hi" to the BM.

Grabbed my three (Bonnie's Hunt, Western one ear, and Rosie's Dressage) bridles and headed home.  The humidity and heat have caused the mould to bloom and everything has a light coating of the gross stuff!



All Clean!!! and my hands are oh - so - soft!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jeni,
    I really enjoyed your last two posts (training Rosie). There's a lot to learn from them. I'm going to steal some of your ideas for my work with Rogo on responding promptly and respecting space. Like your Rosie, I really don't think he knows he's doing anything wrong. He's very kind, but taking him to shows made me realize I had to be firmer with him in order for us both to be safe (trailer loading, leading in unfenced new areas, etc.)
    Your bridles look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol thank you!!!! I will be the first to say I don't know what I'm doing, but I know what I want to expect from my beautiful girls. Respect and space are absolute for no other reason then safety! Let me know if you have any different approach to this problem that's working for you... I may need to steal your ideas too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy heat index! Bridles do look great, and your son - he is simply loving the whole horse thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing how it all works together --- get the tack cleaned and skin softening all at the same time!!!

    ReplyDelete

Happy Trails!

~Jeni