Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Continued...

A big thank you to everyone who commented on my last two posts.

Barn search update :

Barn A:  Will not do pasture board at all.  Still no open stalls.  Still waiting.  They are a western pleasure show barn.  Him and Her are judges and typically do youth shows along with lesson and training program.  It is small well cared for place close haul to equine only trails.

Barn B has been taken off the "to be considered list".  I've learned to trust my gut  and my gut is throwing up every single red flag there is. So I sent a very simple "After careful consideration we've decided to put our horses at a different facility" email.  Nothing more and nothing less.

Barn C isn't fancy but everything is clean,  almost neurotically clean.  It is a private barn as well, except she is a certified barefoot trimmer and does rehab.  She also is almost neurotically clean - wait I said that.  She believes in, and is setup for 24/7 turn out - PERFECT.  This place is not very big at all she has three grass paddocks and a sacrifice lot.  An extremely nice lighted outdoor arena with the most excellent sand footing I've seen in a long time.  Well organized and bright tack room, a separate grain / supplement room - hot and cold wash rack.  Everything was bright, clean, well marked and labeled.

She disclosed that mud season is VERY muddy there, but that's nothing new for me.  Also that she has all the material to re-fence the large paddock - just not the time to do it.  It's just her and no one else.

I've asked her to send her contracts and paper work so I can read it through.

Now on to my current boarding barn:  The boarders have called a meeting for later this week.  I'm going to go and add my 2 cents.  This barn was not always like this - it's been a decline since the Barn Owner became ill.   If she would give up control and hire a real manager things maybe a bit different.  Unfortunately, I don't see that happening.

5 comments:

  1. Barn C sounds perfect to me! But I'm a HUGE fan of pasture boarding. When I lived in Columbus, I could not find pasture boarding for love or money - at least not near my side of town. A sounds not bad, but not my kind of thing. I hope you find something better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barn C sounds very positive. Hopefully all the contract stuff will be agreeable and it work out well.

    Hmm, wonder what the current barn's meeting is all about. Maybe they're planning on shutting down and your decision to leave will be made for you. Could be an interesting turn of events.

    Hang in there,
    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. C does sound promising. I love 24/7 turn out and it also has some comfort amenities too. Hope it all falls into place. I too am interested in what happens at the meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like things are moving forward with good prospects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It can be extremely difficult being " managed" by someone. If you get to look over the paperwork that will hopefully show hidden agendas. But C may be great. What shelter places do the mares get? And are they together? Do they eat the same stuff and at the same rates- should they be together. That- wad my biggest problem when I had two diverse horses, pastureboarded

    ReplyDelete

Happy Trails!

~Jeni