Thursday, July 15, 2010

Swealter

I believe it's "Too Damned Hot" everywhere.  Actual Temperature was 100 F today I never did hear what the heat index was but I was hot even in my typically freezing cold office building today so I know it was ugly outside.

I called barn manager today to make sure the fans got turned on in the girls stalls today.  They are on night turn out so that helps.  I've not had any further issues of either of my horses not being fed or always full water buckets.  It's REALLY nice to not have to worry at all now.


Jim's mom is on comfort care only, so it's just a waiting game at this point.  A game of which one try's to keep the mind from going places it shouldn't.   Hopefully God will be merciful and take her quickly.  I would hate to see her linger in this state.

Stay cool everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Jeni....oh, yeah, it's Too Damned Hot...way too hot and lets not forget the humidity...ugh!
    I too am staying inside in the AC as much as possible!!! the boys have a fan that I have set on a timer so it comes on at 7am and shuts off at 8pm for them. They like to hang out in the barn all day, can't blame them!
    Glad your worries are over with the management at your barn.
    So sorry about your mother-in-law. For her sake I too hope that she goes quickly. It's to hard to watch a loved one go through this, I have been there many times myself. It's hard to let go but for their sake we must.
    Prayers to you and your family at this time.
    Big hug....
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too damn hot is right - here too. Hope it ends soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, this weather does not do it for me or the horses. Fortunately they can go in two run ins or the indoor whenever they want to get out of the sun..and they do. Rain tomorrow morning...fine with me. I hope all goes well with your mother-in-law...I don't know what is going on, but it sounds very serious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about Jim's mom - sending best wishes and thoughts.

    The heat is hard - but at least you seem to have gotten your barn issues sorted out so you don't have to worry as much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your mother in law finds her way home peacefully.

    It's sweltering here too. But we've had a relatively mild Summer so we can't really complain... Well, we can,but no one listens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad the girls are getting worry-free care!

    Life is hard...hope your family finds solace, especially Jim's mom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, mercy I will pray for!
    Hang in...so sorry that it is sweltering there.
    We have a bit of sweet relief here than some more rain, I hear.
    XO
    Kac

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great that your girls are getting the good care they deserve. Definetly one less thing to worry about. I'm such a wuss with the heat and haven't even ridden since my horse camping trip. I just want to stay in the shade with lots of cool drinks.

    Such a terrible, sad situation for Jim's Mom. I hope she doesn't suffer much longer either.


    ((((hugs))))
    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Happy Trails!

~Jeni